Docware GmbH specialises in the development of software solutions for the management of service and spare parts information of industrial companies in all sectors. With PARTS-PUBLISHER, a modular spare parts catalogue software, Docware occupies a leading position on the market for electronic parts catalogues and digital service information systems. With a strong and diverse product and an experienced expert team, Docware is a market-leading provider of software solutions for the sale of spare parts, as well as for the provision and distribution of information in aftersales, for repair and servicing, customer service and the sale of spare parts.
… Docware has been developing software solutions which are customised to the individual demands of the customers. Docware is familiar with the processes the customers require and can respond immediately.
Future-proof: Based on the in-house, modular standard software PARTS-PUBLISHER, Docware is able to develop special solutions for manufacturers, distributors, dealers and service partners of the manufacturing industry from all sectors.
With solid expertise and know-how in the aftersales service make up a successful team.
Over 100,000 service technicians are satisfied users of the standard software PARTS-PUBLISHER.
The management consists of the two owners Heinz-Werner Hofmeister and Jürgen Deifel. Together they built Docware over 30 years ago and led it to worldwide success.
We have grown from a one-man development company to a team of developers, product designers and business leaders.
We like to stay close to our customers!
Our objective is the satisfaction and success of our customers. Our business philosophy builds on an open mind and fairness. This is one of our maxims so that we never lose sight of your added-value. Personal consulting and regular contact we see as a very important asset for a successful partnership.
You can count on our team!
Consulting, process optimisation, as well as software development, implementation and integration, are just as much part of the Docware range of services as training and technical support including the hotline and maintenance. Our team accompanies you through the entire process and also provides comprehensive and personal support following the implementation stage whenever required.
History of the company
Establishment and sales, training and Interleaf documentation system
Docware started in Germany as a major retailer and training provider. The initial software developments were made in the Interleaf environment. They were the most important source of revenue for many years.
- 1987 Docware is founded by Mr. Hofmeister and Mr. Deifel
- 1989 Software development in the Interleaf environment: Konverter, TEXTract, INput (Unix platforms)
- 1990 First version of the document management system DMS, first in-house CRM/ERP: DDB
In-house development of DMS 1 and 2
Expansion of know-how in the area of databases and client-server architecture
- 1992/93 New version of the document management system DMS 2.0 and project orders with DMS
- 1992 – 99 Expansion of broader customer base with approx. 50 customers – Docware is known as a solution provider. DMS 2 becomes new revenue driver following the decline of Interleaf – but costs for development and sales too high compared to revenue
Introduction of the topic spare parts catalogues
Identification of market gap and development of first in-house electronic spare parts catalogue
- 1996/97 Creation of the first Docware homepage and introduction of the topic electronic spare parts catalogues – failure of concept "external realisation"
- 1998/99 Commencement of in-house development of electronic spare parts catalogues: Gaining experience, entry into development with Delphi – better cost/income ratio with approx. 10 customers
Change of strategy: From document management to electronic spare parts catalogues
Early entry into market niche: Docware was the first provider of a high-performance standard product "Out of the box". With the E-Service Shop, the initial versions of the standard software for electronic spare parts catalogues, Docware acquired approx. 50 customers.
- 2001 Development of Parts Shops (shop software), which still exist today: B2B shop system especially for the sale of spare parts – suitable for medium-sized companies without their own shop solution
- 2014 redesign to new technology base
Docware goes international
- 2002 Start of sales outside German-speaking world
- 2003 PARTS Service Shop: Upgrade to professional solution as basis for international use, as well as more challenging projects; Docware attains a client base of approx. 150 customers
- 2005 First big contract from abroad
PARTS-PUBLISHER as market-leading standard product
PARTS-PUBLISHER provides the basis for realising complex large projects
- 2006 Docware becomes first sales partner of Lattice Technology in Germany (Lattice 3D XVL) and thus first provider of spare parts catalogues with XVL integration
- 2010 Start of realisation of online and offline catalogues (based on Java programming language)
- 2011 Development of the Product Configurator – standard software for the configuration of products with many variants, suitable for medium-sized company
25 years Docware
Relocation of company to Fürth (Kaiserstrasse) to new offices
- 2012 Spare parts catalogues can now also be used on tablet PCs and smartphones
- 2013 Release 6 of PARTS-PUBLISHER and PPSync – fully automated updating of Internet catalogues and tablet catalogues
- 2014 First version of Online Catalogue and Offline Catalogue, redesign of Parts Shop (shop software)
- 2015 Expansion of Docware with new management structure and additional offices
Guarantees you a certified, professional partner with high technical expertise. We are completely familiar with all Microsoft products, technologies and solutions.
One of the largest and most active added-value networks in today's manufacturing market. As a PTC partner experienced and highly skilled experts are available who can give you the decisive edge on the market.
As certifed partner the connection of PARTS-PUBLISHER to common SAP ERP systems and the integration in SAP E-Service and E-Commerce solutions are implemented perfectly. We will be pleased to supply references upon request.
We prove to have an excellent credit rating. The credit rating certificate CrefoZert shows that we have met all certification criteria within the framework of an inspection.
Discover why these companies have chosen PARTS-PUBLISHER as their spare parts catalogue. Contact us now, and learn at first hand which strategic benefits PARTS-PUBLISHER can offer to your after sales service.