Die Docware GmbH
The Docware GmbH
The Docware GmbH specializes in the development of software solutions for the management of service and spare parts information for industrial companies in all sectors. With PARTS-PUBLISHER, a modular spare parts catalogue software, Docware occupies a leading position in the market for electronic parts catalogues and digital service information systems. With its strong and diverse product and an experienced team of experts, Docware is the market-leading provider of software solutions for the sale of spare parts and for the provision and distribution of information in after-sales, maintenance, customer service and spare parts sales.
… Docware has been developing software solutions which are customised to the individual demands of the customers. Docware is familiar with the processes the customers require and can respond immediately.
Future-proof: Based on the in-house, modular standard software PARTS-PUBLISHER, Docware is able to develop special solutions for manufacturers, distributors, dealers and service partners of the manufacturing industry from all sectors.
With solid expertise and know-how in the aftersales service make up a successful team.
Over 100,000 service technicians are satisfied users of the standard software PARTS-PUBLISHER.
Docware in the SCHEMA group
SCHEMA Group, a developer of software solutions for content lifecycle management (Component Content Management System SCHEMA ST4 and Content Delivery Solution SCHEMA CDS), is completing a full takeover of Docware GmbH with effect from 20 January 2020. The service information system manufacturer is the latest addition to the SCHEMA Group’s portfolio of companies. SCHEMA Group had already reinforced their position in this area back in May 2019, by increasing its stake in TID Informatik from 27% to 100%. With the acquisition of Docware GmbH, the SCHEMA Group is now even stronger in this sector. In addition, the SCHEMA Group develops software solutions for generating and maintaining ‘Technical Information’, which, in combination with ‘Service Information’, is seen as the basis for smart content integration into Industry 4.0 and the Internet-of-Things devices.
New management at Docware
Robert Schäfer is managing director of Docware GmbH. He also heads TID Informatik GmbH, which merged with Docware under the SCHEMA Group in 2020. Robert Schäfer brings more than 25 years of experience as managing director, passion and commitment to after-sales service, and a clear vision for the future of both companies. In advance, the two founders and owners Jürgen Deifel and Heinz Werner Hofmeister led the company for 33 years.
The decision to integrate Docware into the SCHEMA Group not only resolves succession issues, it also provides excellent future prospects for our customers and our employees,” enthuses Werner Hofmeister, founder and Managing Director of Docware GmbH. Under the umbrella of the SCHEMA Group, Docware – together with TID Informatik – is strengthening its presence on the market, which is not only more attractive for decision-makers, but also means customers have a broader product portfolio to choose from. I am sure that this merger will help us to generate huge growth potential for the future.
Managing Director of Docware GmbH
Even though we have been market companions so far, there are still many things we have in common. Additionally we respect each other's achievements. As company founders, both Werner Hofmeister and I are very concerned to offer our customers and employees long-term security and the greatest possible development potential for product innovations. Therefore merging Docware and TID into one team is the right step.
Managing Director Docware GmbH & TID Informatik GmbH
We like to stay close to our customers!
Our objective is the satisfaction and success of our customers. Our business philosophy builds on an open mind and fairness. This is one of our maxims so that we never lose sight of your added-value. Personal consulting and regular contact we see as a very important asset for a successful partnership.
You can count on our team!
Consulting, process optimisation, as well as software development, implementation and integration, are just as much part of the Docware range of services as training and technical support including the hotline and maintenance. Our team accompanies you through the entire process and also provides comprehensive and personal support following the implementation stage whenever required.
History of the company
Establishment and sales, training and Interleaf documentation system
Docware started in Germany as a major retailer and training provider. The initial software developments were made in the Interleaf environment. They were the most important source of revenue for many years.
- 1987 Docware is founded by Mr. Hofmeister and Mr. Deifel
- 1989 Software development in the Interleaf environment: Konverter, TEXTract, INput (Unix platforms)
- 1990 First version of the document management system DMS, first in-house CRM/ERP: DDB
In-house development of DMS 1 and 2
Expansion of know-how in the area of databases and client-server architecture
- 1992/93 New version of the document management system DMS 2.0 and project orders with DMS
- 1992 – 99 Expansion of broader customer base with approx. 50 customers – Docware is known as a solution provider. DMS 2 becomes new revenue driver following the decline of Interleaf – but costs for development and sales too high compared to revenue
Introduction of the topic spare parts catalogues
Identification of market gap and development of first in-house electronic spare parts catalogue
- 1996/97 Creation of the first Docware homepage and introduction of the topic electronic spare parts catalogues – failure of concept "external realisation"
- 1998/99 Commencement of in-house development of electronic spare parts catalogues: Gaining experience, entry into development with Delphi – better cost/income ratio with approx. 10 customers
Change of strategy: From document management to electronic spare parts catalogues
Early entry into market niche: Docware was the first provider of a high-performance standard product "Out of the box". With the E-Service Shop, the initial versions of the standard software for electronic spare parts catalogues, Docware acquired approx. 50 customers.
- 2001 Development of Parts Shops (shop software), which still exist today: B2B shop system especially for the sale of spare parts – suitable for medium-sized companies without their own shop solution
- 2014 redesign to new technology base
PARTS-PUBLISHER as market-leading standard product
PARTS-PUBLISHER provides the basis for realising complex large projects
- 2006 Docware becomes first sales partner of Lattice Technology in Germany (Lattice 3D XVL) and thus first provider of spare parts catalogues with XVL integration
- 2010 Start of realisation of online and offline catalogues (based on Java programming language)
- 2011 Development of the Product Configurator – standard software for the configuration of products with many variants, suitable for medium-sized company
25 years Docware
Relocation of company to Fürth (Kaiserstrasse) to new offices
- 2012 Spare parts catalogues can now also be used on tablet PCs and smartphones
- 2013 Release 6 of PARTS-PUBLISHER and PPSync – fully automated updating of Internet catalogues and tablet catalogues
- 2014 First version of Online Catalogue and Offline Catalogue, redesign of Parts Shop (shop software)
- 2015 Expansion of Docware with new management structure and additional offices
Discover why these companies have chosen PARTS-PUBLISHER as their spare parts catalogue. Contact us now, and learn at first hand which strategic benefits PARTS-PUBLISHER can offer to your after sales service.